Thursday 11 December 2008

Early one morning

All images taken by me while out on my bike...


A seagull walking on the ice. It falls through it soon after. The poor
thing got the shock of its life. I wonder if the bird knew it was
walking on solid water? The Moorhens and Coots were out in force too
that day. Scavenging for food and trying not to get run over by
passing bikes on the tow path.



Ice everywhere. Like broken glass. So fragile yet beautiful. I had
to get my camera out before it melted. It's so peaceful early in
the morning. You can almost pretend you're somewhere else like
in the countryside or in another time.



Birds under the bridge...the only place with no ice. I heard a canal
boat behind me as it cut its way through the water very gently.
Quite fascinating to watch and listen to the ice crack. Also hard to
believe these waterways are man made. Many locks along the way too.

No comments: