Sunday 28 December 2008

A question of Costume Design


e.g Ngila Dickson's Lord of the Rings Costume Design Sketches


e.g A costume sketch I did recently

Costume Design - Wikipedia...
.."Costume design is the design of the appearance of the characters in a theater or cinema performance. This usually involves researching and designing or choosing clothing, footwear, hats and head dresses for the actors to wear, but it may also include designing masks, makeup, wigs, underwear or other unusual forms, such as the full body animal suits worn in the musical Cats"..


Gary Thorne (head of design at RADA) recently gave me some really good advice after I completed a short course in his class at Central Saint Martins Art College here in London. He said "MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS CARRY AROUND A NOTEBOOK!" Point taken. I look forward to catching up with him after I start at the Arcola. He's promised to pop in at some point. I hope he does. He's so humorous. He also knows the designer of the show I'm helping out with which is pretty cool too.

No comments: