Monday 27 July 2009

A Family Affair with Samuel West

I went to see charity show called A Family Affair last night starring Timothy West, Prunella Scales and their son Samuel West, at the Oxford Playhouse. It was the first time I had seen them all together and it was truly spectacular. They each read from black folders, excerpts from plays etc. But the highlight of the evening personally for me was to see Sam performing a scene from Hamlet with his parents. I've always regretted not seeing Sam do Hamlet when he did the original show back in 2001. And now I have made my peace. From what I saw last night has convinced me more than ever that Sam could quite easily do Hamlet again. I mean if Mark Rylance and David Tennant can do it...then so could Sam! lol ;)

It was such a wonderful evening which raised lots of money for a good cause and I was really sad to see it end.

Here's another more detailed review...
A Family Affair

∗ wants to start a "Sam please do Hamlet again" petition ∗

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like it was a marvellous evening. btw I've linked to your recap from here.